Vancouver Island Brewing is on the lookout for a Packaging Operator to join our brew crew! Reporting to the Production Manager and Packaging Supervisor, the Packaging Operator will be responsible for performing any and all tasks associated with packaging our products, including operating and maintaining specific brewing, canning, and kegging equipment, with a focus on can filling.
As a key member of our Packaging Team, the operator will be a ‘go-to’ person on the production floor - communicating effectively and supporting the safe operation and maintenance of our machines/equipment.
- Operating packaging line machines/equipment in a correct, safe and efficient manner
- Detecting malfunctions of packaging, canning, and kegging line machines/equipment and troubleshoot problems correctly in a timely manner
- Addressing and resolving equipment issues as appropriate or liaise with Maintenance team
- Make adjustments to machines to achieve optimal performance while following all safety protocols
- Actively participates and is engaged in safety initiatives, problem solving, continuous improvement of line efficiencies
- Assist maintenance with product line changeovers
- Ensure all safety procedures and standard operating procedures (SOPs) are accurately followed and documented
- Perform housekeeping and sanitation duties as assigned
- Ensure production records are up-to-date and accurate
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience, Skills & Attributes:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in brewing, packaging, mechanical operations or equivalent education to work and communicate well with all team members
- Proven knowledge of and experience with troubleshooting mechanical and automated equipment with the ability to communicate information to supervisors/maintenance to effectively address issues
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and precision
- Excellent communication skills and time management
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving/logic/process of elimination skills
- Must be able to work additional hours and weekends as necessary
While performing the duties of this job, the operator is regularly required to stand or walk for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle, control, or feel objects tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms. Must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl and maintain or regain their balance. Regularly required to lift and or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
How to Apply:
Our ideal candidate has a passion for our culture, our brand and being an active member of our team.
Interested in joining our awesome brew crew? If so, please click Apply Now to submit your resume.
In the midst of our busy summer season, we will be in contact with only those selected for interviews. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration to apply with us!