We are looking for enthusiastic service staff to join our Brewery team! As ambassadors of Vancouver Island Brewing, our Tasting Room & Retail staff are the first point of contact for our local patrons and visitors. Our ideal candidates are service-focused, professional, and are passionate about the Craft Beer industry. Part-time and casual positions available.
- Welcome, serve and provide excellent service to our customers and visitors
- Provide tasting flights and product education to customers on our premium craft beer products
- Fill growlers at our growler bar and provide samples
- Perform customer transactions using a Point of Sale (POS) System
- Perform opening and closing duties (ie. cash management, inventory, sanitization)
- Adhere to Serving It Right and LCLB licensing regulation
- Maintain inventory stock levels of beer products and retail merchandise
- Quality Control: daily tap system checks, regular cleaning, and stock rotation
- Provide guided tours of the brewery to small groups as required
- Provide occasional support at craft beer events, festivals and during other promotional tastings
- Other duties as required
Required Experience, Skills & Attributes:
- Required Experience, Skills & Attributes:
- Must be Serving It Right certified
- Former serving, bartending or customer service experience
- Must have cash management and POS (Point of Sale) experience
- Passionate about craft beer
- Beer education and/or certification is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain high levels of customer service in a fast-paced environment and while managing multiple priorities/multi-tasking
- Ability to routinely and repetitively lift at least 50lbs
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
How to Apply:
Our ideal candidate has a passion for our culture, our brand and being an active member of our team.
Interested in joining our awesome brew crew? If so, please click Apply Now to submit your resume and cover letter (with your availability). Please indicate in the subject line/cover letter that you are applying for a position within the Tasting Room.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.