Vancouver Island Brewing is on the lookout for an awesome Marketing Coordinator to join our Brewery team! Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and supporting a full spectrum of marketing activities. As a key member of the Brewery’s commercial team, the Marketing Coordinator will have the opportunity to influence and lead our consumer-facing initiatives including the development and coordination of marketing communications, social media, content creation, events, point of sales materials, and leveraging opportunities through partnerships and sponsorships.
Brand Communications & Loyalty
- Execute and plan all marketing communications including branding, social media public relations, advertising, events, website design and content either directly or on an outsourced basis
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy and maintains a unified brand voice across all social media channels
- Supports the Senior Marketing Manager in creating meaningful brand experiences and loyalty strategies by executing on an annual brand plan
- Coordinates and supports the creation and editing of written, video and photo content for use on all communication channels and print materials
Marketing & Sales Support
- Executes and supports on strategic marketing initiatives and activities across the Brewery, including implementing marketing plans that include retail, print and online content
- Coordinates with Sales team to deliver necessary POS assets and sales tools for customers
- Coordinates with outside vendors and suppliers to ensure timely orders and processing
- Coordinates with department managers to support with Brewery events (on-site, off-site and online)
- Records event outcomes and promotes on Brewery social media sites
- Works closely with the Taproom Manager to plan and execute special events, tours, and promotions both in-house and externally
Community & Partnerships
- Supports with the tracking and administration of all marketing related budgets for donations, sponsorships, charitable funds, and other related community outreach and stakeholder relations
- Works closely with the Taproom Manager to develop, build on and to leverage relationships with local community partners, artisans, and businesses for promotional and value-driven opportunities within the Taproom
Required Experience, Skills & Attributes:
- Minimum of 2-3 years marketing experience in comparable industries
- Successful completion of a post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field
- A Valid Driver’s License is required
- Strong working knowledge of computer and design/content editing software and systems including but not limited to Web Admin, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative suite, Google AdWords
- Experience copywriting on social platforms preferred
- Serving It Right Certification and knowledge of the beer and alcohol industry including an understanding of liquor laws and permitting
- Strongly connected with our values of collaboration, innovation, and promotion
- Extremely effective public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Must be able to work additional hours and weekends as necessary
How to Apply:
Our ideal candidate has a passion for our culture, our brand and being an active member of our team.
Interested in joining our awesome brew crew? If so, please click Apply Now to submit your resume and cover letter (with salary expectations). Please indicate in the subject line/cover letter that you are applying for the Marketing Coordinator position.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Vancouver Island Brewing is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.