We are excited to be able to offer a CO-OP position for a keen student to join our brew crew! The position of Quality Control Lab Assistant has been made available through the BioTalent Canada Student Work Placement Program.
The QC Lab Assistant is responsible for providing outstanding support to the Production team by assisting with functions pertaining to quality control, safety, and reporting. This position reports to the Quality Control Supervisor and Production Manager with primary working relationships with the brewers, maintenance, and packaging team.
- Follow all company health, safety and environmental policies
- Maintaining the use of and updating standard operation procedures
- Perform routine microbiological, analytical, sensory of shelf life, testing, recording, and reporting on beer through all stages
- Data analysis of all quality results
- Support the streamlining of quality control data reporting and administrative processes
- Provide specialized technical input during the pre; in-process and post stages of production where necessary and assists in the investigation for any quality related issues
- Identify problem areas and contribute to problem-solving with brewing, packaging and maintenance
- Monitor pitch and evaluate yeast as needed
- Monitor gravities, temperatures, and carbonations
- Assist with reporting and record keeping
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience, Skills & Attributes:
STUDENT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Be a current full-time or part-time student registered in a post-secondary program in Canada, international students are not eligible.
Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
Be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
Consent to release employment information to BioTalent Canada and the Government of Canada periodically during the placement and after the end of the placement.
- Brewery experience is preferred
- Effective communicator that possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Have excellent collaboration skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Results focused – self-motivated, works as needed to achieve results
- Must be available to work evening and weekend shifts
How to Apply:
Our ideal candidate has a passion for our culture, our brand and being an active member of our team.
Interested in joining our awesome brew crew? If so, please submit a resume and cover letter with confirmation of your student eligibility by clicking Apply Now. Please indicate in the subject line/cover letter that you are applying for the QC Lab Assistant CO-OP position.