Vancouver Island Brewing is seeking an Inventory Coordinator to join our brew crew! Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Inventory Coordinator will be responsible for all inventory control and reporting of our multiple inventory streams, including raw materials, packaged goods, and retail merchandise. This position calls for a detail-oriented, analytical individual with a knack for fixing variances and creating efficiencies across multiple teams and departments.
- Monitor inventory stock levels in-house and at partner warehouses, and notify when reorders are needed
- Organize stock transfers
- Perform inventory counts and maintain consistent cycle counting and records to optimize the accuracy of inventory
- Assist in receiving, reviewing, and recording incoming warehouse inventory
- Communicate, report and follow-up on all inventory related issues and variances
- Complete data entry and reporting for production and finance including all brewing, cellaring, quality control, and packaging data
- Assist Warehouse Logistics Coordinator to ensure that the inventory status and warehouse records are up-to-date with information such as current vendors and lead times
- Provide support to the Finance & Administration team, including data entry, reconciliations, administrative projects, and order desk/sales support
- Participate in the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and recommend procedural changes to ensure best practices of inventory management
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Experience, Skills & Attributes:
- High School diploma or equivalent, and at least 2 years of inventory control, supply chain, and/or analyst experience preferably in a manufacturing/warehouse setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications, particularly Excel and Word
- Sound analytical skills (mathematics, organization, etc.) for reporting and variance resolution
- Demonstrated experience with cycle counting procedures and inventory control best practices
- Highly motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and precision
- Excellent communication skills and time management
- Must be able to work additional hours and weekends as necessary
How to Apply:
Our ideal candidate has a passion for our culture, our brand and being an active member of our team.
Interested in joining our awesome brew crew? If so, please click Apply Now to submit your resume and cover letter (with salary expectations). Please indicate in the subject line/cover letter that you are applying for the Inventory Coordinator position.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.