We are seeking an On-Premise Specialist to join our Brewery team and to be the face of our brand in our own backyard! Reporting to the VP Sales & Marketing, this position is responsible for driving sales and increasing On-Premise activations in Victoria on behalf of Vancouver Island Brewing. The successful candidate will partner with our Commercial team to set priorities and execute the business plan for On-Premise accounts in their area of responsibility.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the owners and decision-makers of On-Premise accounts within defined area of responsibility.
- Maintaining and expanding sales through the exceptional execution of On-Premise promotional activity throughout the designated sales territory.
- Providing support and follow through for key Regional On-Premise account programming at the direction of the Business Development Manager (ie. program execution and closing mandated distribution gaps).
- Working with and assisting the Commercial team in building an On-Premise annual business plan including sales, distribution and promotional efforts.
- Identifying, prioritizing, and activating with On-Premise accounts who align closely with Vancouver Island Brewing’s target demographic.
- Measuring the effectiveness of promotional and other volume driving/activation initiatives and suggesting new approaches to overcome obstacles with the goal of improving the impact of these initiatives on sales results.
- Reviewing, evaluating, and suggesting pricing programs in order to ensure Vancouver Island Brewing’s competitiveness in the marketplace.
- Providing/Creating point of sale material and conducting training and education to accounts
- Supporting, managing and proactively identifying challenges that new product introductions face in the defined area of responsibility.
Required Experience, Skills & Attributes:
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Love and passion for craft beer is a must!
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to gather and use customer feedback to identify both needs and opportunities.
- Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
- Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with minimal direction.
- Strong math skills with ability to understand wholesaler margin, retailer cost of goods calculation and market discount structures.
- Proven sales track record.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a Sales Experience role in the Beverage Alcohol Industry
- A Valid Driver’s License is required
- Computer literate with the ability to skillfully use software, Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and to utilize email (Outlook)
- Complete understanding of the On-Premise environment and local marketplace
- Proven track record in building great relationships with customers and larger key accounts
How to Apply:
Our ideal candidate has a passion for our culture, our brand and being an active member of our team.
Interested in joining our awesome brew crew? If so, please click Apply Now to submit your resume and cover letter (with salary expectations). Please indicate in the subject line/cover letter that you are applying for the On-Premise Specialist position.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.