Careers at VI
We operate our business with the same passion and innovation that goes into producing our premium craft beer. We are a proud, dedicated, and hardworking team with a continuous thirst for achieving great things together. At VI, we believe that every employee plays an integral role in our successes.
Apply to join our dynamic and growing team!
Territory Manager (Mid-Island)
Vancouver Island Brewing is seeking a Territory Manager to oversee our on-premise and retail accounts based on Vancouver Island (Mid-Island).
The Territory Manager will be responsible for selling products and product lines to current and potential customers, in addition to working with licensees to generate incremental sales and educating new and existing customers on company products and programs. The successful candidate will work within a defined geographical area, with assigned budgets, but as part of a close-knit team. The Territory Manager will be expected to comply with Vancouver Island Brewing policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted within the laws of British Columbia and Canada.
- Deliver territory volume, share, distributions, and margin contribution targets for the North Vancouver Island territory
- Sell products and upgrade the number of product lines in accounts
- Build strong business relationships with key customers and consumer groups
- Plan and execute consumer programming and sales standards across all channels (retail, on-premise, and community)
- Identify and leverage business opportunities to drive sales and acquire new customers
- Merchandise accounts to increase visibility of brands
- Educate bar and wait staff on products and promotions
- Territory spend and budget management ongoing
- Administrative duties (program feedback, action plans, and presentations)
- Daily and weekly call pattern and planners
- Attend both conference calls and sales meetings as required
- Distribution drives and programs
- Sales professional with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Previous beverage alcohol (or package goods) sales experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Retains a competitive spirit
- Knowledge about the geographical area, trends and local scene
- Passionate and knowledgeable about craft beer and this growing industry
- A firm understanding and ability to develop sales strategies, implement them and close deals
- Excellent time management
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
Vancouver Island Brewing offers a competitive salary and benefits package including a comprehensive extended medical plan.
Are you an all-star sales professional looking to join an exceptional team of passionate beer enthusiasts? If so, then we want to hear from you! Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations and indicate in the subject line/cover letter that you are applying for the Territory Manager position.Apply now
Director of Sales - Victoria, BC
Vancouver Island Brewing is seeking a Director of Sales to lead the development and performance of all sales activities for the brewery.
Reporting to the President, the Director of Sales will drive revenue for the company and is primarily responsible for developing fiscal sales plans and strategies to facilitate our aggressive growth plan. Our ideal candidate will be an active leader in the marketplace and will have a keen ability to connect with customers in establishing strong and long-lasting relationships. The Director of Sales will drive the brewery’s strategic objectives through an unwavering passion for competition, team spirit and a true love for our brand, vision, values, and great craft beer!
- Leads both sales and business development functions for the brewery, and is accountable for those functions as a key member of our management team
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of the brewery’s sales goals and profitable growth strategy
- Reviews sales results on an ongoing basis to ensure established targets are being achieved in each region and takes corrective action where required to achieve projected targets
- Lead the sales and business development team through coaching and mentorship excellence, ensure effective tools and resources are provided, and facilitate effective growth targets in a manner that represents VI Brewing’s core values and culture
- Responsible for the performance and professional development of the Territory Managers in their sales planning, target setting, and execution of retail and on-premise programming to drive volume and promotional opportunities
- Act as a highly-respected spokesperson for the brewery and be a dedicated advocate of our brand, our values, and our communities within all promotional and social opportunities
- Be a role model for the company culture by cultivating and contributing to VI Brewing’s unique, creative and collaborative culture and environment
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and the Senior Business Development Manager to prospect and establish strong partnerships that are aligned with our authentic culture and organizational goals
- Work with the President and the other senior leadership team members to identify and develop overall strategy, key alliances, identify new export markets and close/grow major customer accounts
- Development and facilitation of key action plans to penetrate new and underdeveloped markets and potential accounts
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations with Territory Managers and the Senior Business Development Manager to forge new partnerships and to gain more clients
- Lead and track sales planning & execution in addition to managing the overall sales budget and controlling expenses to meet budgetary guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring the financial objectives are appropriately aligned to sales channels and organize the team complement to maximize coverage and increase market share in respective territories
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Collaborates with the President and Senior Business Development Manager to develop BCLDB and Key Account strategies to ensure adequate programming is presented and delivered to BCLDB and to large retail key independents within their promotional policies and image program timeframe
- Collaborates with the Director of Marketing in the development and implementation of short and long term marketing and promotional plans as needed
- Minimum of 10 years sales and marketing experience in comparable industries with at least 5 years in a senior management position
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree in a related field (Bachelors or Masters preferred)
- Proven experience in strategically developing and implementing sales and business development that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
- Dedicated by-example leadership style inclusive of accountability, mentorship, development and coaching of a Sales team
- Strongly connected with our values of collaboration, innovation, and promotion
- Experience managing budgets, teams and commercial plans
- Highly skilled in developing customer/client relationships
- Extremely effective public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to travel regularly across our regions to support initiatives and relationships (vehicle and air transportation)
- Strong relationships with existing customer base preferred
Vancouver Island Brewing offers a competitive salary with bonus pay and a comprehensive benefits package including an extended medical plan.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for our brand, our culture, and lives an authentic style of leadership. If you are interested in joining our growing team, please submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations.Apply now