Vancouver Island Brewing is seeking a Maintenance Assistant to join our Brewery team! Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Assistant will be responsible for keeping our packaging lines and all related production support equipment running to its full potential with a minimum amount of downtime. As a key member of our Maintenance Team, the assistant will conduct machine set-up, troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance service on our brewery and packaging equipment.
- Install and maintain brewery equipment and packaging machinery
- Perform daily inspection of packaging lines and brewery equipment
- Maintain spare parts inventory and rebuild parts as needed
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair brewery and packaging equipment related problems such as mechanical, pneumatic, and electronic
- Provide emergency unscheduled repairs of packaging equipment as needed
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Keep records of repairs and develop or make necessary changes to planned maintenance schedule
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and other tools to complete repairs
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean orderly work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Experience, Skills & Attributes:
- High School diploma or equivalent and at least 2 years of experience as a maintenance worker or mechanic, preferably on a packaging line in the food or beverage industry
- Some experience and basic understanding of general mechanical, plumbing, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, boilers, heating, refrigeration and general construction and handy-work
- Valid Driver’s License
- A basic understanding of industrial instrumentation and programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Ability to reach and interpret plans, drawings, prints and schematics, operating manuals, and repair manuals
- Highly motivated and able to work independently with minimal training and supervision
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and precision
- Excellent communication skills and time management
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving/logic/process of elimination skills
- Must be able to work additional hours and weekends as necessary
While performing the duties of this job, the operator is regularly required to stand or walk for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle, control, or feel objects tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms. Must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl and maintain or regain their balance. Regularly required to lift and or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
How to Apply:
Our ideal candidate has a passion for our culture, our brand and being an active member of our team.
Interested in joining our awesome brew crew? If so, please click Apply Now to submit your resume and cover letter (with salary expectations). Please indicate in the subject line/cover letter that you are applying for the Maintenance Assistant position.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.