Careers at VIB
We operate our brewery with the same passion and innovation that goes into producing our premium craft beer. We are a proud, dedicated, and hardworking team with a continuous thirst for achieving great things together. At VIB, we believe that every team member plays an integral role in our successes.
Apply to join our dynamic and growing team!
Vancouver Island Brewing is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our Brewery team! Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for keeping our packaging lines and all related production support equipment running to its full potential with a minimum amount of downtime. As a key member of our Maintenance Team, the technician will conduct machine set-up, troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance service on our brewery and packaging equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install and maintain brewery equipment and packaging machinery
- Perform daily inspection of packaging lines and brewery equipment
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- Train leads and operators on proper operation of bottling, canning and kegging maintenance
- Rebuilt parts as needed
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair brewery and packaging equipment related problems such as mechanical, pneumatic, and electronic
- Provide emergency unscheduled repairs of packaging equipment as needed
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Keep records of repairs and develop or make necessary changes to planned maintenance schedule
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and other tools to complete repairs
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean orderly work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent and at least 4 years of experience as a maintenance mechanic, preferably on a packaging line in the food or beverage industry
- Extensive experience and understanding of general mechanical, plumbing, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, boilers, heating, refrigeration and general construction and handy-work
- Valid Driver’s License
- A basic understanding of industrial instrumentation and programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Must be able to utilize lock out/tag out for machinery
- Ability to reach and interpret plans, drawings, prints and schematics, operating manuals, and repair manuals
- Highly motivated and able to work independently with minimal training and supervision
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and precision
- Excellent communication skills and time management
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving/logic/process of elimination skills
- Must be able to work additional hours and weekends as necessary
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the technician is regularly required to stand or walk for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle, control, or feel objects tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms. Required to bend or twist their body, climb ladders, scaffolds, or poles. Must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl and maintain or regain their balance. Regularly required to lift and or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
How to Apply:
Our ideal candidate has a passion for our culture, our brand and being an active member of our team.
Interested in joining our awesome brew crew? If so, please click Apply Now to submit your resume and cover letter (with salary expectations). Please indicate in the subject line/cover letter that you are applying for the Maintenance Technician position.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.