Careers at VI
We operate our business with the same passion and innovation that goes into producing our premium craft beer. We are a proud, dedicated, and hardworking team with a continuous thirst for achieving great things together. At VI, we believe that every employee plays an integral role in our successes.
Apply to join our dynamic and growing team!
Territory Manager (Victoria)
From humble beginnings and through loyal Island support, Vancouver Island Brewing began brewing handcrafted high quality batches for our Islanders and Vancouver to enjoy. With over 30 years in the business, our Brewery takes great pride in our award winning all natural beers, our dedicated people, and the impact we continue to make in our local community.
Vancouver Island Brewing is seeking a Territory Manager to join our Sales team in Victoria to oversee our on premise and retail accounts. This is an exciting opportunity to be the face of our brand in our own backyard!
The Territory Manager will be responsible for selling products and product lines to current and potential customers, in addition to working with licensees to generate incremental sales and educating new and existing customers on company products and programs. The successful candidate will work within a defined geographical area, with assigned budgets, but as part of a close-knit team. The Territory Manager will be expected to comply with Vancouver Island Brewing policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted within the laws of British Columbia and Canada.
- Deliver territory volume, share, distributions, and margin contribution targets for the defined territory
- Sell products and upgrade the number of product lines in accounts
- Build strong business relationships with key customers and consumer groups
- Plan and execute consumer programming and sales standards across all channels (retail, on-premise, and community)
- Identify and leverage business opportunities to drive sales and acquire new customers
- Merchandise accounts to increase visibility of brands
- Educate bar and wait staff on products and promotions
- Territory spend and budget management ongoing
- Administrative duties (program feedback, action plans, and presentations)
- Daily and weekly call pattern and planners
- Attend both conference calls and sales meetings as required
- Distribution drives and programs
- Sales professional with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Previous beverage alcohol (or package goods) sales experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Retains a competitive spirit
- Knowledge about the geographical area, trends and local scene
- Passionate and knowledgeable about craft beer and our growing industry
- A firm understanding and ability to develop sales strategies, implement them and close deals
- Excellent time management
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of the role, inclusive of weekend special events and any after-hours promotional events and tastings as needed
- Must be willing and able to travel to participate in job-related meetings, conventions, events, and training with which weekend and occasional overnight travel may be required
Vancouver Island Brewing offers a competitive salary and benefits package including a comprehensive extended medical plan.
How to Apply:
Are you an all-star sales professional looking to join an exceptional team of passionate beer enthusiasts? If so, then please submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations by clicking on ‘Apply Now’. Please indicate in the subject line/cover letter that you are applying for the Territory Manager (Victoria) position.
No telephone inquiries please. We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.